The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 80,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students' success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students' lives.
CCC's Office of Human Resources is committed to fostering an environment that attracts, motivates, and retains a highly skilled and diverse workforce. In support of this mission, the Payroll Analyst is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and effective processing of payroll processing for all employees in compliance with federal and state tax regulations and requirements, statistical reporting, retiree analysis and related duties as required. This position is focused on payroll/financial analysis and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide payroll analysis, reports and related documents to the Vice Chancellor, Associate Vice Chancellor, Payroll Manager, HRIS Manager and the Senior Payroll Analyst.
- Verify and reconcile payroll, employee benefits and fiscally related data.
- Coordinate and process all voluntary and involuntary deductions in compliance with State and Federal regulations, union agreements and Board rules.
- Provide and interpret information pertaining to payroll policies and procedures as related to City Colleges of Chicago employees.
- Review, monitor and verify the accuracy and completeness of payroll transactions, records and reports.
- Perform and/or assist with general payroll auditing duties.
- Train campus payroll personnel and new payroll analysts.
- Document or assist with the documentation of business processes, write procedures and develop training materials.
- Keep up-to-date on applicable laws, procedures and rule changes that relate directly and indirectly to payroll activities.
- Prepare written communications, correspondences, and reports, as required.
- Create payroll schedules, run payroll processes and queries to perform audits of pay data and related payroll processes.
- Perform mathematical computations and enter data in the payroll system, when required.
- Participate in and conduct survey requests and respond to surveys from within City Colleges of Chicago. Also conduct survey research to provide confidential information for union negotiations.
- Demonstrates active listening skills to accurately interpret employee and/or management inquiries.
- Keeps customers informed with frequent call-backs and updates on pending issues until resolution is completed.
- Participates in year-end processing as assigned.
- Research confidential personnel files to obtain employee data.
- Assist in with accounts payable functions including creating requisitions and purchase orders.
- Maintain and reconcile union dues for several unions.
- Administers payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, terminations, wage garnishments, deduction updates and all entry related to employee master file.
- Assist in running payroll reports as needed.
- Assist in all biweekly payrolls to ensure they are processed in a timely and accurate manner. · Assist with new employee orientation.
- Perform payroll audits (no lunch violations, PT/FT hours audits, & no hours worked).
- Responds to payroll-related inquiries including but not limited to, payroll deductions, wage garnishments, child support payments, PTO and Sick accruals, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, employment verification and resolves employee paycheck issues.
- Assist with preparation for regular and annual payroll audits.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence Standards.
- Perform related duties as required.
Reports to: Manager of Payroll/HRIS
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with at least three years of experience in the areas of HR applications, database management, and payroll management, or an equivalent combination of training and experience for a large organization.
- Five or more years' minimum payroll experience in a large company (4000 + employees).
- Two of more years' minimum experience with PeopleSoft Payroll for NA version 9.2 or similar system.
- Understanding of federal and state tax laws and their impact on payroll.
- Strong working knowledge of various HR functions e.g. recruiting, compensation, benefits administration and payroll processing.
- Ability to successful manage complex, ambiguous, and multiple priorities.
- Effective leadership skills Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent influencing, relationship-building, communication and presentation skills.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17