Job Title: Payroll Accounting
Location: Miami, FL
**Overtime is possible during payroll processing weeks
**Advanced Excel proficiency including pivot tables and v-lookup is required
Should have a Minimum of 1yearPayroll processing experience preferably 500-1000+ employees, Excel knowledge including pivot tables and v-lookup?s, Word knowledge including mail merge.
Should have previous full cycle payroll processing experience and strong computer skills including Excel knowledge, pivot tables, v-lookup. Payroll processing experience which includes the ability to calculate payments, taxes, garnishments, etc. and is a quick learner who can work as part of a team but with limited supervision.
- Gathers, enters, and audits payroll changes from Human Resources, Benefits, and/or authorized departmental heads
- Review and update involuntary wage assignments.
- Importing and the balancing of time record interfaces
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of employee updates and/or changes
- Assists in assigned year-end activities
- Provide payrollreports, metrics, and assigned management reports
- Review and processing of complex payroll procedures (leaves, death benefits, executive compensation, deferral plans, etc.)
- Adjust wage and tax variances on employee records, when applicable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel formulas, such as Pivot Tables and Vlookup
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experienced in payroll processing, accounting, and account reconciliation.
- Understand how to compute wage and overtime payments as prescribed by FLSA, calculate and record payroll earnings and deductions, process terminations, and involuntary wage withholdings.
- Uses computer or automated payroll system such as payroll software or payroll service bureaus to process a payroll with 2000 or more employees. May assist in preparation of reports, tax reconciliation, audits, answer customer inquiries and research questions.
- Works with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and has an understanding of Pivot Tables and Vlookup functions.
- Has at least 1yearexperience in Payroll or Accounting.
- Position may handle balancing, auditing, or ensuring the accuracy of biweekly payroll for the organization in accordance with federal, state and local laws along with SOX key control compliance.
- Ability to calculate complex transactions and will work under general supervision.