General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Accountant to work within our Finance and Accounting Group in San Diego, CA. This position, under general direction is responsible for developing, implementing, and/or maintaining one or more payroll related accounting system within that department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Determines and implements the most effective methods for controlling and processing accounting information. Ensures proper documentation in accordance with external requirements.
- Prepares timely and reliable periodic summaries of accounting records and data.
- Conducts special studies and analysis and prepares required accounting data for assigned projects and/or programs.
- Preforms various Payroll functions. (Processing of Payroll, pay to CO reconciliation, Tax filings, and weekly time card audits).
- Analyzes and responds to accounting questions in accordance with accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares Payroll Journal Vouchers.
- Functions in an advisory role and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline along with six or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience with a master’s degree. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have payrollexperience.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred.
- Must possess leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including management; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects ; and (5) excellent computer skills.
Job ID#: 19062BR