General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Accountant to work within our Finance and Accounting Group in San Diego, CA. This position, under general direction is responsible for developing, implementing, and/or maintaining one or more payroll related accounting system within that department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preforms various Payroll functions. (Processing of Payroll, pay to CO reconciliation, Tax filings, and weekly time card audits).
- Determines and implements the most effective methods for controlling and processing accounting information.
- Analyzes and responds to accounting questions in accordance with GAAP generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares Payroll Journal Vouchers.
- Prepares annual W-2s.
- Responsible to complete quarter-end and year-end account reconciliations.
- Ensures proper documentation in accordance with external requirements.
- Prepares timely and reliable periodic summaries of accounting records and data.
- Conducts special studies and analysis and prepares required accounting data for assigned projects and/or programs.
- Functions in an advisory role and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, finance or related discipline along with six or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience with a master's degree. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have payroll experience.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred.
- Must possess leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including management; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects; and (5) excellent computer skills.