- Administer the compilation and computing of statistical data and other payroll data.
- Ensure that all legally required federal, state and local taxes, social security contributions and other deductions are withheld from individual paychecks and submitted to the appropriate agencies.
- Ensure that all W-2’s are sent out on a timely basis.
- Maintain and prepare all data for federal, state and local audits.
- Review relevant journal entries and reconcile accounts.
- Investigate and resolve errors in payroll data processing procedures.
- Recommend and implement changes in methods and procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- Maintain a system of internal control and operate checklists to ensure that all payroll activity is complete, timely and accurate.
- Collaborate closely with Human Resources to ensure timely and accurate payroll administration of corporate benefits.
- Maintain the travel and expense policy and all related systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field/equivalent work experience
- Five years of payroll work experience.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Five year’s experience with an integrated HRIS/Payroll system (ADP WorkForce Now experience highly preferred)
- Working knowledge of employee benefits and its impact on payroll
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills; excellent computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets
- Strong organizational skills and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality