Senior Sales Executive: Media
Ideally based in New York, Atlanta or California, the Senior Sales Executive is the lead sales person providing strategic and consultative sales within the Media vertical segment. As the strategic advisor to the client, this individual is required to have an in-depth understanding of the clients business, goals, strategies and industry trends and directions. This role is focused on helping clients grow their business by leading large, multi-disciplined project teams, and integrating a broad set of innovative payment and technology solutions in complex client environments.
- · Aggressively prospect, develop, and close leads using a variety of sources.
- · Work directly with businesses to discuss and understand their needs and then develop customized solutions to drive leads to their business.
- · Own entire sales process from prospecting to completion of the sale
- · Ability to utilize technology to engage clients.
- · Meet and exceed individual sales goals.
- · Bachelor’s degreerequired
- · 5+ years of outside salesexperience in a quota carrying role.
- · Demonstrated success in exceeding quota assignments selling to media organizations such as newspapers, radio, television providers.
- · Possess a fundamental understanding of solution selling. Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships at a very senior level with clients gaining trusted advisor status
- · Financial management prudence – ability to manage revenue and margin as well as acquisition and retention resources.
- · Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- · Must have a background in a majority of these areas: media sales, banking, card processing, merchant processing, check services, prepaid and alternative payments. Experience in technology software or services sales to large accounts would be a significant plus.
- · Excellent verbal and communications skills
- · Travelrequired: Approximately 30-40%
- · Action-oriented with a drive to overcome obstacles and exceed goals
- · Creates a collaborative work environment that motivates individuals and teams to deliver outstanding results
- · Demonstrates broad perspective and considers multiple aspects of issues and opportunities
- · Creates an environment of “Genuine Concern” for prospects and clients to help them grow their business
- · Can influence others and negotiate while maintaining trust and preserving relationships
- · Establishes relationships with employees based on mutual responsibility and accountability
- · Demonstrates managerial courage to provide feedback and address concerns
- · Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills
- · Builds relationships at all levels to drive collaboration and shared success
- · Attracts and retains top talent
- · Monitors and measures key business indicators
- · Recognizes and rewards desired behavior and results