Responsible for facilitating the identification, assessment, control, and monitoring of operational risks across RPS/CPS through the issue management process. Provides the governance and oversight to ensure identified issues receive appropriate remediation and corrective action. Responsible for incorporating appropriate impact assessment and root cause analysis for all identified issues. Strong project management skills are required to facilitate issue corrections. Strong working knowledge of operational risk management, process engineering, and applicable regulatory requirements needed. Specific responsibilities include:
• Using corporate risk management policies as guidelines, will help the business
line understand and implement the policies. Examples include AML practices
and operational loss data collection.
• Ensuring the implementation of key risk management practices and
procedures in the normal course of business operations. Ensuring appropriate
participation in high-level discussions to identify and respond to business risks
and ensuring the line of business understands key risk concepts and their
relevance to core business practices.
• Ensuring that process controls used to mitigate business risks are properly
designed and executed. Facilitating installation of new risk initiatives and
reviewing business line summary reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Working with business line managers to develop a culture that fosters self-
identification of business and operational issues and to design and implement
operational risk and compliance assurance solutions that mitigate risk.
• Planning, managing, and providing ongoing support for the Bank's global
governance, operational risk and compliance (GRC) framework.
• Providing governance and oversight to the root cause analysis and corrective
action plans of identified issues.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of applicable experience
- Advanced knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and
regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
- Advanced understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services,
systems, and associated risks/controls
- Advanced knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
- Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s)
proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication,
organizational, project management, and analytical skills
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages,
including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets,
databases, and presentations.
- Ability to grasp and communicate key risk management concepts and work
well independently with limited direct supervision.