$100K — $150K *
The Sr. Risk Manager will influence the development of new and innovative consumer products by evaluating internal and external risks, and defining the technology, infrastructure, resourcing, and processes required to effectively mitigate and minimize risks. You will engage with senior stakeholders across the company, including other specialized fraud, risk, compliance, and legal functions. You will also be responsible for identifying and promoting the processes and capabilities needed to detect and respond to process irregularities, as well as to prevent and mitigate fraud and abuse risks for payments. The Sr. Risk Manager will inform the design, implementation, and performance of control policies required to support the Consumer Payments organization overall.
About Amazon’s Consumer Payments organization: The Consumer Payments (CP) organization is responsible for managing the payment methods that we accept around the world, the supply chain needed for Amazon to accept payments, the paying customer experience, and driving down Amazon’s Cost of Payments. We are also responsible for creating and operating a collection of Amazon-branded payment products (including Gift Cards, Credit Card Products, Amazon Currency Converter, and Shop with Points), as well as the Business Payments, Seller Lending, and Amazon Pay businesses. Our mission in Consumer Payments is to delight our customers by building payment experiences and financial services that are trusted, valued and easy to use from anywhere in any way.
· Liaise with payments business and technology leaders to identify emerging risks and opportunities.
· Serve as an advisor and subject matter expert within the centralized Risk Management team on technology, operational, financial, and/or information risks.
· Perform risk assessments to evaluate new products, services, and features - including launches of new payment methods and processes; identify new risks and opportunities.
· Advise on risk mitigation strategies and control mechanisms to prevent fraud, abuse, and other operational risks that negatively impact Amazon, our partners, and our customers.
· Perform periodic risk assessments of existing products and processes in the Consumer Payments organization to identify emerging risks, develop and support mitigation plans, manage compliance, and maintain a positive CX while driving profitability.
· Implement effective processes to surface and evaluate risks that can scale globally; Develop and support tools that can be leveraged by CP product and business owners to identify and mitigate risks.
· Influence the risk culture and risk maturity of each business team by promoting best practices for risk mitigation across the organization.
· Prepare and deliver business reviews to the management team regarding emerging risks, project progress and roadblocks.
· Independently manage complex projects and work with senior leaders in CP and other support functions across the company.
· Support a risk and compliance plan that effectively protects Amazon and our customers.
· Develop, audit, and analyze risk metrics for each CP business.
· 7+ years of professional experience in Risk Management, Technology Risk, IT Audit, or other similar risk consulting or internal control functions (e.g. internal audit, compliance, fraud mitigation, etc.) in a financial services, technology, payments, merchant/acquiring, audit/consulting, business software, retail or online services company.
· 5+ years experience in Enterprise, IT/Technology Risk, or Operational Risk roles.
· 5+ years experience working in a risk and control capacity with engineering teams and technical functions. Demonstrated competencies in technology, operational, financial, and/or information risk management.
· Experience designing and implementing new risk management programs or processes from the ground up.
· Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization
· Knowledge of the payment industry, regulatory compliance landscape, and of credit/debit payments systems
· Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across functional groups within the company, with Clients, Customers and Vendors, as well as Senior Management.
· Ability to manage through influence
· Strong analytical skills
· Bachelor's degree
· Master's degree
· Risk, Compliance, Audit and/or Information Security-related certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
Valid through: 11/11/2020
$150K — $200K
14 days ago