Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travelexperiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
The Payments Operations Manager will responsible for building out and managing payments operations for one of the world’s largest and ambitious payment platforms in the world. This role is sits within the Payments Operations & Partnerships team which is responsible for driving operational efficiencies across different cross functional stakeholders, developing & managing a large network of global payment partners, processing setup & optimization and manage costs of processing.
- Develop and optimize operations to increase quality, decrease time to resolution and lower cost of operating.
- Build out & scale operations processes, support model and team
- Collaborate with the internal teams to identify opportunities to drive operational efficiencies
- Work with Product & Engineering team to prioritize support needs
- Support variety of cross functional stakeholders and external partners with any payment related exceptions or issues.
- Work with Partnerships team to manage partner performance and support needs.
- Manage comparative analysis & performance of payments partners
- Own documentation of processing issues
- Approach problems with rigorous quantitative and strategic analysis
Experience and Skills
- 7+ years experience in high- growth technology & financial services environments
- String understanding of the e-commerce & payments landscape
- Extensive experience in leading cross-functional teams, presenting to senior leadership, and engaging external parties
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, and ability to communicate complex details simply
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, and highly analytical, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- SQL knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline a plus