The Payment Systems Security Architect will review enterprise Payment Systems related initiatives and define security architecture. The PSSA will collaborate with technology, business and other Information Security teams. The PSSA will be responsible for evaluating emerging products and frameworks related to Payment Systems platforms to ensure the selected capabilities address the threat landscape, improve customer experience and integrate effectively in the Valley Bank environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define the principles, standards and guidelines, focusing on establishing security controls and architecture from a Payment Systems perspective for all in-scope applications/systems/platforms.
- Partner with stakeholders in technology and business in defining and creating secure architecture strategies for any new solutions and products chosen in support of Payment Systems Work.
- Establish security controls/requirements/standards to support the Payment Systems security based on industry recommendations and known control deficiencies of applications/platforms/processes.
- Collaborate with technology teams to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
- Provide specialized expertise and applied knowledge on technical aspects of Payment Services solutions.
- Ensure solutions address scalability, security, availability, and maintainability needs.
- Work with Corporate Security on Fraud/Loss mitigation.
- Deep technical and system-level expertise in one or more areas in information security, at a minimum including Security architecture, application security, threat modelling, etc.
- Knowledge of computer or network systems, hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
- Experience in engaging and influencing business, technology and security leaders/stakeholders.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem-solving ability of Information Technology of various scale, degree and dimension of complexity.
- Proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Working knowledge of the technical areas such as data warehouses, mainframes, networks, applications etc.
- Working knowledge of the technology domain the architecture is being developed for. E.g.. Databases, Product, Service, etc.
- Good understanding of development architecture such as API, web services, etc.
- Experience with digital wallet is desirable Good understanding of concepts/protocols viz. OAuth, OIDC, open banking, etc.
- Experience in identifying risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provide guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project.
- Experience in providing sufficient guidance for the secure implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on Technology and Enterprise budget.
- Working knowledge of SWIFT, ISO 20022, low-value and high-value such as Fed Wire, CHIPS, US ACH (NACHA), Real Time Payments, Correspondent Banking SEPA, Target 2, Mexico SPEI, BACS etc. (preferably in-depth knowledge of implementing solutions that process these types of payments).
- Have superb attention to detail, ability to handle various tasks and sound organization of work.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to tailor messages to a diverse audience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar discipline and a minimum of 5 years' experience in cash management/payments.
- Bank or software vendor providing payments services to banks preferred.