About the role
As an Insurance Payment Product Owner, you have an exceptional and exciting opportunity to join a cross functional team responsible for the life and health payment strategy, payment capabilities, and all related payment activities for our policyholders. You will join a diverse team committed to delivering services to iptiQ's wide variety of clients. The Payment Product Owner is for advocating for current and future state payment models that improve the business results while maintaining a strong customer experience. You will work closely with internal and external partners, other analysts and members of our IT team to improve efficiency, payment application accuracy, and implementing payment solutions. You may also analyze and resolve payment production issues and provide production support to other units within iptiQ.
As part of this role, you will:
- Establish the payment strategy, create a multi-year business plan, and execute.
- Prioritize payment related initiative, cross-functionally, leading the greatest value add payment initiatives implemented timely.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement solutions to improve efficiency and increase quality by becoming a subject matter expert in payment processing and data analysis.
- Establish and meet core payment KPIs; establish actions plans for degraded performance as needed,
- until favorable outcome is achieved.
- Establish, create, and run payment related reports.
- Manage payment vendor relationship ensuring that SLA's are met, audits are established and executed with appropriate action plans and acting as a resource for escalation management.
- Canvas the market to find leading edge payment solutions, evaluate the value to the organization, and propose solutions to the Head of New Business Services & COO.
- Responsible for auditing prior day distribution Partner payment activity to identify and resolve erroneous payment transactions.
- Support and fulfill other payment activities as necessary or assigned by your Manager.
- Review and approve business requirements for various payment projects and solutions; if needed document said requirements.
- Establish test strategy, identify test scenerios with support team, and sign-off on test plan and results.
- Create, maintain and implement payment process flows & procedural documentation.
- Demonstrate iptiQ's core values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and respectfully collaborating with distribution partners and third-party vendors.
- Adheres to all HIPAA (Health Insurance Accountability and Portability Act) guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborate effectively cross-functionally to delivery high quality payment solutions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in a payment related role; progression from transactional to leading roles a plus.
- You have worked in agile environment(s) and are proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Build & run queries to analyze and present data to effectively communicate information to management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work with a high work volume while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Participate in multiple assignments with overlapping delivery dates in a face paced environment.
- You demonstrate a strong interest in new technologies - You learn how to use new tools quickly.
- Effectively communicate business issues, objectives and recommended solutions utilizing strong presentation skills.
- Successfully implemented new payment capabilities or modified an existing capabilities which yielded improved performance.