Purpose of Job
Supports the Product Management executive in the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products. Responsible for delivering regular status reports regarding various aspects of the product. Partners with resources to gather and synthesize information used to refine and expand product features. Collaborates with the Product Management Support team and other internal resources to create and disseminate information regarding changes and updates to product features.
- Leverages resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product strategy recommendations, as well as dashboards and metrics.
- Partners with Marketing to define and implement product strategy.
- Participates in the recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and distributes press briefings.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Operations.
- 4 or more years direct product management experience.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications.
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Master's Degree in Business or related discipline
- Payments experience
- Digital Banking experience
- Deposits experience
- Experience driving payments strategy and identifying opportunities while maintaining focus on a long-term member focused strategy and capability roadmap
- Experience ensuring strategic alignment across stakeholders and workstreams and dynamically responding to strategic and capability related changes within payments related workstreams
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.