ViaSat is literally changing how the world communication by satellite by securely connecting business, governments and people to the internet, anywhere in the world. ViaSat satellites will cover the world with fast broadband in the terabit range to any device anywhere in the world whether you are on a plane, train, boat or on some remote beach. Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It?s uniquely ViaSat and intentionally not like any other company.
The Payload I&T Test Director, will lead the overall planning, development, and execution of spacecraft payload tests. As you lead a small team and take ownership of the payload functional testing, you will prepare, execute and closeout test activities. You will collaborate in daily to weekly planning of test tasks and coordinate withother groups to ensure all personnel needed for a test are available and ready.
- Execution of testing including operating and monitoring the payload requiring substantial attention to detail to ensure testing is completed thoroughly, accurately and safely.
- Reviewing payload health during testing and detect potential issues with the system
- Ensuring coverage across multiple tests appropriately covers system level verification for items such as redundancy and inter-unit configurations.
- Reviewing as-run data and ensuring data review is completed by otherresponsibleengineering authorities.
- Utilizing satellite control software to build user intuitive telemetry displays & plots, and review satellite telemetry in real time or archived.
- Leading the analysis of satellite data to support failure investigations.
Key attributes for Job Success
- Demonstrated leadership in all aspects of test operations including to independently lead small teams.
- Ability to take specified requirements and define an appropriate scope of testing consistent with customer goals and project constraints.
- Stellar communication skills to enhance collaboration across the organization.
- Ability to conduct program-level reviews, including Test Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Hazardous Operations Reviews, and Post-test Reviews. This includes developing process improvements through lessons learned.
- Ability to understand risk assessment and risk mitigation measures in order to be able to make test decisions that are real-time in nature.
- Minimum 5years experiencewith hands-on test of payloads, spacecraft buses, or other complex systems
- Demonstrated experience handling spaceflight or hi-rel hardware
- Experienceinvestigating failures and determining root cause
- Ability to review technical design documentations (specifications, schematics, software code, and/or FPGA code)
- Working knowledge of satellite test or ground command and telemetry systems such as InControl, OS/Comet, Epoch, ITOS, etc.
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies
- Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering,Systems Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- US Citizenship
- Travel up to 25%
- Familiarity testing RF units and using RF lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power meters, etc.
- Scriptinglanguage experience such as Python, Perl, JAS, C++, or C Sharp
ViaSat is located in the Tempe Arizona in the ASU Technology Center. Arizona is a lovely winter haven and the golfing and resort Mecca of the Southwest. With a solid work force and an ever-expanding family-based community, The Phoenix metro area has arts, entertainment, all major league sports, and a growing electronics industry that continues to flourish.
If you have the passion to push the boundaries of what?s possible and the drive to grow your career in new directions, ViaSat might be the company for you!