- Key areas of focus include: functional modeling, performance predictions, unit requirements verification plan and data product evaluations, assessments of contractor digital product designs, assessment of contractor digital IPT program execution, Government Digital Project Officer support, and digital data processing training as required. A good understanding of typical SIGINT or communications satellite functionality is desired.
- Develop digital data functional models to assess contractor performance.
- Review payload specifications and related documents and provide comments to the government regarding wideband digital signal paths and digital units.
- Participate in launch preparations and launch support activities, as required.
- Provide support for digital testing and validation; identify testing deficiencies and inadequacies.
- Provide technical assessment of contractor proposals and related CDRLs as required.
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates to the customer.
- Identify and assess emerging risks; develop and evaluate proposed burn-down plans.
- Support current contract activities and any digital analysis support needed for the development of future systems, including digital subsystem unit design and subsystem integration and test plans.
- Review prime contractor readiness to proceed into manufacturing and test.
- Coordinate with payload subsystem leads, branch chiefs and division chiefs both within S&L and to other internal and external program office partners in support of new payload and payload subsystem initiatives.
- Attend branch meetings as appropriate at the request of the customer to coordinate support activities.
- Provide technical evaluation of payload efforts in contractor Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Attend contractor milestone reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, pre-test, pre-ship and other meetings)to provide technically based recommendations regarding satisfaction of digital systems related review entrance and exit criteria.
- Provide support to factory integration and test activities as required.
- Develop productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other payload and payload subsystem subject matter experts.
- Advise and mentor USG Payload engineers regarding digital systems design.
- Other duties as specified by the customer.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience.
- Experience with digital signal processing and data collection methods, signal processing algorithm development and analysis, modulation / coding/ multiplexing/data framing approaches.
- Experience with digital signal processing hardware design (ADC, FPGA, ASIC), development and manufacturing.
- Experience with analog-to- digital converter design and performance.
- Strong knowledgeable in digital payload subsystems and able to provide management of subsystem interfaces.
- Degree in electrical/computer or related engineering discipline
- Experience with digital signal processing, spacecraft digital payload design , manufacture, and test.
- Basic understanding of DOD/lC satellite systems and architectures.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment.
- Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.