What You Will Be Doing:
Patient Services Manager is directly responsible for the development, implementation and overall operation of Admitting. The Patient Services Manager will ensure that programs align UTHET's strategic initiatives with emphasis on customer service and the overall patient experience.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Leads the organization in a manner that is patient-centered and respectful of all other customers and stakeholders.
- Responsible for Main Admitting and ER Registration teams
- Responsible for securing financial and registration data for the majority of the product lines prior to or at time of care, avoid bad debt related to unauthorized hospitalizations or procedures, un-sponsored care or incorrect patient payer or demographic data.
- Enhance patient/family satisfaction with admitting and admitting with product lines. Align admitting with product lines as one team, united with aligned objectives and strategies and leads the organization in a manner that is patient-centered and respectful of all other customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product lines [customer] to identify capacity issues that create barriers to patient/registration flow.
- Responsible for any Admitting-related Revenue Cycle IT upgrade projects including but not limited to implementation, testing, training and policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with external entities such as third party payers, regulatory agencies, other health care institutions, vendors, patients and families as well as assure hospital compliance with Advanced Beneficiary Notification (ABN), Medicare as a Secondary Payer Questionnaires (MSPQ), Advanced Directives, and Patient Bill of Rights, medical necessity, observation status and other regulatory guidelines.
- This position will also work closely with the Indigent Care Office, Pre-Registration, Scheduling, Case Management, IT, Healthy Connections, Utilization Review and Business Office on a daily basis to assure that the Revenue Cycle flow is clean and effective.
- Maintain Revenue Cycle KPI’s/Analytic Data departmentally to show improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of and communication with assigned team members.
- At least one (1) face to face meeting with each direct team member monthly.
- Conduct team evaluations and provide feedback to individual team members.
- Recognize any team member who exceeds expectations in accordance with the organization marketing program.
So what experience are we looking for in our Patient Services Manager?
- Bachelor’s Degree, Required
- Minimum of five years hospital experience with knowledge of patient access/revenue cycle practices, Required.
- Minimum of seven years management experience, Required.
Certification and Licensure:
- Certified Coder ICD-10, Preferred
- Ability to be part of a team required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Flexibility in the work environment required.
- Practice Management System
- Microsoft Office