THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
Patient Financial Services Manager
Retained with Carson Tahoe Health
Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center is a stunning, 352,000 square foot facility that is set on a spacious 80-acre medical campus in North Carson City. The Regional Medical Center is the first Baby-Friendly hospital in Nevada and was voted as the #5 most beautiful hospital in America in 2014. The beautiful facility includes 144 acute care beds with 138 private rooms, expanded 24-hour emergency services, advanced medical imaging, acclaimed open heart surgery program with a private cardiovascular unit, a 5-star Women & Children's Center, hybrid OR suite, vascular and catheterization labs, a medical/surgical ICU, inpatient rehabilitation, medical/oncology, telemetry and much more.
Our Mission: at Carson Tahoe Health is to enhance the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
Our Core Values include putting patients first and treating everyone with dignity and respect.
At Carson Tahoe, we treat the whole person; mind, body and soul. Our goal is to elicit intuitive feelings of compassion, family, and peace of mind; as this is at the heart of everything we do, how we do it, and why we do what we do. We intertwine the art and science of healthcare, combining the healing elements of 'nature' with the caring aspects of 'nurture'; along with state-of-the-art lifesaving technologies, advanced expertise, and beautiful facilities designed to cultivate the best possible patient experience.
The primary functions of this position include ? oversight of all patient financial services staff. Reports directly to the Director of Revenue Cycle. Maintain fiscally responsible staffing levels and controllable operating expenses while ensuring the integrity of the departmental functions. Maintain compliance with regulatory and organizational requirements. Without exception, demonstrates behavior that promotes excellence in customer service. Mentors direct reports and holds them accountable for customer service excellence. The population served by this position is all age groups.
- Manages the AR within an average of 50 days net during prior 12 months. Exceeding this standard < 50 days net.
- Manages Bad Debt to an average of <3.5 % gross received revenue during prior 12 months.
- Ensures that contractual allowances and cash receipts are posted within 24 hours of receipt and verifies accuracy through daily audits.
- Monitors cash posting reports for variances in expected versus actual payments received and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Verifies accuracy of reimbursement systems weekly through reconciliation of system reports.
- Ensure that the portion of the insurance AR balance
- Maintains a credit balance level of < 2 days net revenue during prior 12 months.
- Monitors unbilled claims on a daily basis and works with appropriate staff to develop process improvement plans as needed. With minimal exception, unbilled/unreleased claims will not exceed two business days.
- Monitors operating & labor expenses through Performance Analytics & McKesson Self Service applications.
- Actively participates with all performance improvement initiatives ? both departmental and organizationally.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$80-118K to include: Relocation Assistance, Health, Vision, and Dental insurance, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Free Education and Training Opportunities, 100% Vested 401K and Roth with Company Contribution, and NO state income tax.
Five years' experience in a healthcare position, accompanied by a degree or certification in business or healthcare administration. This may be substituted for a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in an acute healthcare patient access environment.
Minimum 5 years' experience in staff supervision or leadership role.
Carson City's semi-desert climate makes outdoor activities enjoyable for residents and visitors year round. With an average of over 265 days of sunshine per year, the pleasant, semi-desert climate is hard to beat! During the summer months, high temperatures average around 90 F; during the winter, around 45 F. Average annual rainfall is approximately 11 inches, and average annual snowfall is 22 inches.
Carson City has the selection of museums showcasing history, natural history, trains, and interactive exhibits for children. But it also has diverse year round recreation, Nevada-style gaming, but on a smaller, friendlier scale, a thriving arts and culture scene, unique shopping and antiquing, and dining for every palate.
Not to mention the history of the surrounding area; Virginia City, the "Queen of the Comstock" and Genoa and the Carson Valley, the beauty of Lake Tahoe, and the energy of Reno. Carson City is Centrally located less than 30 min from all of our neighbors. You can find out more about Carson City at:
As one of the most successful executive search firms in the country, The HealthCare Initiative is constantly working on several searches nationwide in the world of healthcare. With over 43 years of experience, you can rest assured that all information is exchanged on a confidential basis.