The Patient Experience Specialist serves as a central intermediary resource and coordinator for customer feedback from patients and families regarding service and or quality of care provided at Bryan Medical Center (BMC). Works directly with various members of the healthcare team, hospital departments, and administration in providing support, guidance, and direction for proactive and reactive problem solving and ensuring resolution of patient experience concerns.
Facilitates the Patient Experience Committee and attends or leads other committees to communicate patient experience concerns and facilitate process improvement activities that align with the organization’s Strategic and Quality and Patient Safety Plan.
- *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates Bryan’s core values.
- *Takes appropriate action to resolve patient complaints in compliance with CMS grievance requirements as set forth in Hospital Conditions of Participation.
- *Responsible for leading the Patient Experience Committee; setting agenda, communicating key findings, and documenting actions taken by committee.
- *Promotes knowledge of process improvement principles, tools and methods to facilitate change management activities.
- *Reports on BMC organizational feedback data to leadership and staff.
- *Assesses patient or family questions and concerns to clarify and develop plans to address concerns.
- *Determines the complaint or grievance status of the patient feedback; coordinates timely review, response and resolution of patient concerns.
- Uses findings from analysis of trends in feedback to mentor individuals and departments in developing appropriate service action plans.
- Facilitates understanding of Bryan’s policies, procedures, and services to patients/families as well as visitors.
- Works with all involved parties to establish an avenue for negotiation to occur and to diminish emotion and hostility between parties.
- *Coordinates and oversees the investigation and resolution of patient/family issues concerning the services of care.
- *Exercises discretion and critical thinking in the investigation of complaints and the determination of outcomes ensuring organization and regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- *Gathers information to develop a complete perspective of an identified issue; has the authority to conduct cross-departmental investigations and formulate recommendations with regard to patient issues.
- Collaborates and shares appropriate information with other department and hospital representatives as needed
- Provides training and education to staff on conflict and grievance resolution.
- *Strives to meet the legitimate interest of the patient, considering the organization’s interests to improve the relationship between the hospital and the patient/community.
- *Ensures appropriate reporting, documentation and follow up in the feedback system.
- *Prepares and presents reports for communication to Quality and Safety Committee of the Board of Trustees, Senior Management, Patient Care Coordinating Council, and other identified groups as requested.
- Leads or participates in risk assessments, gap analysis, cause analysis and process improvement activities including the development of an improvement plan, as needed.
- Attends medical staff and hospital committee meetings as required.
- Advances work knowledge by participating in continuing education in-services, reading periodicals/literature and seeking ongoing development opportunities.
- Maintains information in accordance with Medical Center procedures related to confidentiality and retention of records.
Bachelor’s degree required. Nursing degree from an accredited program required. Minimum of five (5) years healthcare related experience required. Prior quality, safety, risk management, and/or leadership experience preferred. Experience working with conflict resolution and service excellence preferred.
Req # 15349