Description: Responsible for the strategic development, planning and oversight of an Area's patient care experience function and all related programs, strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures. This position leads the patient care experience function for the Area and drives its success in patient care experience and HCAPHS metrics. Directs, develops, implements, promotes and evaluates all inpatient patient care experience programs, strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures across an Area and in alignment with Area's business strategy. Works in synergy with all other performance improvement programs and organizational goals. Provides strategic direction and training on patient care experience to managers and professional staff in the inpatient setting. Directs all efforts to ensure highest patient, employee and leadership satisfaction on patient care experience.
- After determining goals and priorities with senior executives and key stakeholders, leads all programs for patient careexperience metrics and service recovery efforts.
- Develops an annual strategic development/business plan which ensures patient-centered care and continued performance improvement related to HCAHPS metrics and overall patient satisfaction.
- Exceptional coach/counselor of leaders, managers and staff.
- Facilitates one-on-one coaching, counseling, training and mentoring for leaders/managers/staff to emphasize culture and behavior changes in order to achieve higher overall patient careexperience satisfaction scores.
- Develops new training resources, curriculum and programs for staff and clinicians to successfully acquire skills towards achieving behavioral, communication and service driven goals.
- Serves as expert resource for medical center leadership and staff on all patient careexperience initiatives.
- Serves as an advocate of patients, family members and employees relating especially to issues which are behavioral and communication driven.
- Provides medical center leadership with monthly analytical and trending reports to track facility performance on HCAHPS metrics and to support performance improvement recommendations.
- Responsible for HCAPHS nationally reported data.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in management and supervision of project teams and staff.
- Master's degree in a related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Strong interpersonal (oral and written) skills, facilitation skills, coaching and mentoring skills, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate experience in leading by influence.
- Must exemplify key leadership attributes.
- Demonstrate ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans for multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction and dynamics, project management, cost effectiveness and budget management.
- Demonstrate skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management and group process.
- Understanding of business process improvement and the tools and data requirements for supporting an effective business process improvement practice.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Strong process orientation, efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness and results orientation.
- User knowledge of relevant computer systems/applications.
- Ability to research, summarize and communicate to the public, both verbally and in writing
- Polished facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and implementation skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of teaching/coaching experiencepreferred.