Patient Care Director - Inpatient Rehabilitation
5 - 7 years experience •
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health clinics are committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care. Allina Health clinics provide primary care, specialty care and urgent care services to people in 41 communities. More than 750 health care practitioners help patients identify health risks, manage chronic illness and find their path to better health.
This Director is the lead for Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute clinical programs and and nursing within the Allina Health Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute (CKRI). This Director will ensure all programs support the Triple Aim and the mission and strategic objectives of Allina Health. This position has ultimate responsibility and accountability to assure that programs and services delivered by team members are safe, timely, effective, efficient, patient-centered, and equitable. Reports to the Clinical Service Line (CSL) Operations Leader; provides management to nursing. Works closely with Allina Health CSL leaders, site specific VP/Director of Patient Care, designated nursing and physician leaders and other departments and divisions of Allina Health to ensure successful implementation of best practices.
- Provide leadership and management to nursing and the CKRI clinical programs
- Help develop best practices that become standards for care for all CSL services across Allina.
- Ensure that the service line meets or exceeds those quality standards, including patient satisfaction standards.
- Create consistent care delivery systems within clinical service line.
- Oversee overall implementation and replication and best practices across all Allina
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate Clinical Service Line performance to ensure it meets short- and long-term objectives, and regulatory requirements.
- Set the tone for exemplary service throughout the Clinical Service Line to ensure a culture of quality, focus on customer and market needs in patient care delivery, effective teamwork, and employee recognition for meaningful contributions, and continuous clinical and operational improvement.
- Enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the transdisciplinary care model by assessing quality and efficiency and leading appropriate change, in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Develop strategies and solutions that build the team member capability required to support organization strategy and achieve business results
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business management or related field.
MBA, MPH or MHA preferred.
- 5-10 years in healthcare management with progressive operational experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex, matrixed operations
- Demonstrated track record in leading and delegating a team with accountability and successful achievement of superior patient care, operations, and financial results
- Demonstrated track record in growing market share in a highly competitive environment and ability to increase revenue through program development, business strategy, as well as effecting improved operations.
- Demonstrated experience and desire to effectively work with physicians
- Demonstrated proficiency in the management of complex business operational solutions in an ambulatory /clinic/hospital environment
- Experience in strategic planning, program development, finance, and marketing
- Ability to lead groups from various professional backgrounds, help set priorities, focus themselves and others on what's important and sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.