Not Specified years
Posted 149 days ago
Patient Access Specialist
Melville, New York
* Determine insurance benefits and coverage for patients scheduled for OT and PT services.
* Directly responsible for ensuring patient accounts for all services rendered have insurance benefits and eligibility verified prior to services being rendered.
* Ensures patients are informed of their out of pocket expenses (deducible, co-pay, co-insurance).
* Uses all applicable tools, websites and electronic verification, to obtain eligibility and benefit information. * Ensure proper and timely communication to patients is made for patients out of network, patients with ineligible insurance or any patient who requires benefit information.
* Identifies appropriate insurance as needed and re-verifies accordingly.
* Conducts insurance re-verification as needed.
* Contacts non-participating patients to negotiate out of network financial arrangement.
* Reviews patients' remittance for applicable payers to determine if checks were sent to patients and contacts patients to verify receipt of checks.
* Provides instructions to patients to return checks to Professional Physical Therapy in a timely manner.
* Follow-ups with mailing EOBs and statements to patients.
* Update the patients' record accordingly in Patient Management System.
* Maintains a working knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA, Risk Management and compliance regulations.
* Practices confidentiality in accordance with Company policies and all laws and regulations.
* Attends Company meetings as required.
* Other duties as assigned by RCO Management