Patient Access Rep PAR
We are looking for Patient Access Rep PAR (Lev 2) for our client in San Diego, CA
Job Title: Patient Access Rep PAR (Lev 2)
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
The manager is looking for Patient Access Reps PAR (Lev 2) for their busy Central Authorization department. The candidates need to have current experience in any or all of the following:
- Prior authorization submission experience**MUST**
- Able to work in a call center environment
- CCS/ Medi-cal knowledge
- EPIC experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required
The schedule for the position will be Mon. - Fri., 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and the duration is 3months; possible extension.
emonstrate customer service skills to include ability to develop raThe Patient Access Representative II secures and provides appropriate information to patient families and funding sources to register, schedule and/or obtain authorizations for inpatient, outpatient, and/or diagnostic services. Dpport with a variety of customers of all different socio-economic, cultural and economic groups both internally and externally. Knowledge of basic functionality of personal computer. Ability to type and perform data entry functions at a level needed to maintain productivity standards of area/dept. General knowledge of medical terminology or 6months demonstrated work experience in a healthcare setting; Knowledge of insurance verification, authorization and eligibility requirements for health insurance carriers; Epic knowledge; internet capability.
- Preferred: Bilingual Spanish/English Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience/general knowledge of managed care health plans; knowledge of scheduling, registration, billing and/or claims payment.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a health care setting and/or one year work experience in a specific dept. function; call center environment.