Patient Access Manager - Admitting
Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
Plans, organizes and directs activities of the Patient Access Department in accordance with applicable administrative and regulatory requirements. The Patient Access department comprises the following functions: Pre-Registration, EC and Inpatient/Outpatient Registration, and Financial Assistance. Supervises the activities of employees housed in Patient Access Main and or North Campuses. Leads planning and design of all operational activities associated with this department. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- 4year / Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or has completed prerequisites for Associates Degree; currently pursuing Bachelor's Degree in a related field (Required)
- 2 - 3years In a supervisory position(Required)
- 1 - 2years In Healthcare administration, medical terminology, coding, and third party reimbursement(Preferred)
- 4 - 5years Working in revenue cycle processes in a healthcare environment or similar corporate environment, preferably acute and sub-acute care hospital setting (Preferred)
- Organizational Skills,Communication Skills,Interpersonal Skills,Customer Relations,Analytical,Grammar / Spelling,Read / Comprehend Written Instructions,Follow Verbal Instructions,Basic Computer Skills,Microsoft Office Suite,Knowledge of Joint Commission and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations for the registration department, Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations and current corporate compliance issues,Self-starter with a high degree of organizational and motivational skills.
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks/motion
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%) : Bending/Stooping,Twist at waist,Pushing/Pulling,Lift/carry up to 20 lbs,Reaching above shoulder.
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) : Standing,Walking,Sitting.
Certifications and Licensures
- Required Certifications/Licensures : CPAR certification or must be obtained within two years of employment.