OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Oversee facility operations of Patient Access functions (e.g. pre-registration, benefit verification, preauthorization, admission/registration, service pre-payment, etc.) to ensure daily operations are maintained according to standard
• Serve as the primary liaison between the PAS and the Facility
• Maintain and promote good customer relations with facility management, physicians and physician office staff
• Review Patient Access performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in PAS Service Level Agreements
• Inform Regional Patient Access Director of any significant issues in the Patient Access area (e.g., Preregistration delays, pre-authorization backlogs, etc.)
• Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and company compliance policies, ensuring timely staff education
• Inform staff of relevant changes and developments in payer requirements
• Ensure quality review measurements are in place
• Facilitate implementation and monitoring of standard master files, processes, reporting and education programs
• Oversee management of Patient Access personnel, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment and personnel action where appropriate
• Develop specific objectives, budgets, and performance standards for each area of responsibility
• Identify and implement process improvements to lower costs and improve services to facility customers
• Perform staff reviews and prepare performance documents for direct reports
• Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff.
• Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms.
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered.
• Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Start Up Operations - understands complexities and needs to start up, build and maintain a new business
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical,
psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience. Age Groups: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler), 17 - 64 years (adult), 65 – Life Span (geriatric)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
• Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
• Patient Access experience
• Minimum 5 years management experience
• Experience in healthcare provider finance operations or similar service environments