Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in theareas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
The Director of Patient Access is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Director of Patient Access integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education ofdepartmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed bythe department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
SUPERVISOR - Patient Access Regional Director SUPERVISES - Patient Access Managers and/or Supervisors
TRANSITION DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan, prepare and integrate facility Patient Access processes with PAS’s during deployment
- Establish controls and review mechanisms for PAS policies and procedures related toPatient Access
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversee facility operations of Patient Access functions (e.g. pre-registration, benefit verification, preauthorization, admission/registration, service pre-payment, etc.) to ensure daily operations are maintained according to standard
- Serve as the primary liaison between the PAS and the Facility
- Maintain and promote good customer relations with facility management, physicians and physician office staff
- Review Patient Access performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in PAS Service Level Agreements
- Inform Regional Patient Access Director of any significant issues in the Patient Access area (e.g., Preregistration delays, pre-authorization backlogs, etc.)
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and company compliance policies, ensuring timely staff education
- Inform staff of relevant changes and developments in payer requirements
- Ensure quality review measurements are in place
- Facilitate implementation and monitoring of standard master files, processes, reportingand education programs
- Oversee management of Patient Access personnel, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment and personnel action where appropriate
- Develop specific objectives, budgets, and performance standards for each area ofresponsibility
- Identify and implement process improvements to lower costs and improve services tofacility customers
- Perform staff reviews and prepare performance documents for direct reports
- Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff.
- Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered.
- Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to reportpotential patient safety issues.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimumrequirements:
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting highperformance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction ofcomplex programs and processes
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others asrequired
- Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
- Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Start Up Operations - understands complexities and needs to start up, build and maintain a new business
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED: This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able todemonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for thepatients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed toprovide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
Age Groups: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler), 17 - 64 years (adult), 65 – Life Span (geriatric)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
- Patient Access experience
- Minimum 5 years' management experience
- Experience in healthcare provider finance operations or similar service environments required