Manage the daily operations of a Patient Access department to effectively implement process improvements and ensure the safe, timely, accurate processes of patients through the Patient Access flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Implement process improvement initiatives as directed and needed to achieve both Conifer and Client goals. Continuously focused on meeting metrics and proactively identifying areas of opportunity by working collaboratively, professionally and fostering positive relationships with both internal and external peers.
- Develop and implement action plans as identified.
- Actively practice budget/cost management.
- Understand and be able to speak to all aspects of Patient Access, from technology, processes and regulations.
- Consistently manages staffing activities in areas of responsibility. This includes documentation and identification of needs, selection of staff, wage/salary activities, orientation and training. Grow/Mentor supervisors and ensure staff engagement and commitment to strategy, mission and goals. Communicate proactively and positively with direct supervisor to ensure personal growth in knowledge and skill set.
- Work positively with Client Services to ensure that client needs/concerns/requests in relation to Patient Access are being addressed proactively and in a way which does not negatively impact efficiencies or operational flows established.
- Effectively and proactively communicate and address issues that may be impeding performance, including technology or processes.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY/SCOPE (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense): Varies based on hospital size, volume and payor mix.
Bed size: 300+
Points of Entry: 8+ (clinic/satellite is 1 POE)
Number of facilities: 2-3 mid-sized hospitals or multi-site]
$200M+ in Net Patient Revenue
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) Manager or Supervisors, Patient Access Indirect Reports (titles) Rep, PA I-IV; Rep, PA Scheduler Reports to (titles)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities
- Ability to manage a budget
- Proficiency in Regulatory requirements
- Thorough knowledge of Insurance
- Ability to Delegate successfully
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years Management in a Revenue Cycle, Business Services, or Acute Health Care environment preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Patient Access desired
- Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 25% travel may be required.