We are looking for Pathology Medical Transcriptionist for our client in La Jolla, CA
Job Title: Pathology Medical Transcriptionist
Job Location: La Jolla, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Unit: Path Lab
- Shift: Day Shift, 8am – 4:30pm may be vary depending on department needs.
- Under the direction of Clinical Pathology Labs Supervisor, provides quality customer service & clerical support by transcribing dictated or handwritten surgical pathology, autopsy, hematopathology, neuropathology and placental submissions.
- Performs computer accession of requisitions, and uploads final reports into the LIS.
- Compiles and distributes reports and searches databases to locate previous surgical and cytologic material.
- Answers the telephone and takes messages.
- Word processes correspondence and faculty consultations and ensures intra-service mail distribution.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, assists with word processing of department SOP and documents.
- 1 year of experience in transcription of medical terminology
- Graduation from high school or a GED, ability to accurately type, and knowledge of the applicable Pathology medical terminology involved or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in transcription in Pathology.
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist status.
- Transcribing experience in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.
- Ability to operate designated word processing, dictation and transcription equipment and other equipment as specified.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, knowledge of PowerPath and EPIC is helpful.
- Knowledge of Dragon is recommended/familiarity with voice recognition technology is helpful.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK VARIOUS HOURS AND LOCATIONS BASED ON BUSINESS NEEDS
Cynet Health is a Staffing and Recruitment wing of Cynet Systems Inc. Established in October 2010 and incorporated in the State of Virginia, Cynet is one of the leading Staffing & Recruiting Service companies in the Washington DC Metro area. Headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, we are a certified Small, Woman, and Minority Owned Business Enterprise, a recognized diversity supplier.
With over one hundred in house recruiting staff, Cynet Health caters to various hospitals, health & wellness centers, pharmacy, and medical facilities over 50 states across the United States