- Performs Pathological diagnostic procedures to include gross dissections and microscopic examinations of GYN-COE samples.
- Responsible for accurate entry of all pathology-related data into the biomedical informatics platform and datasheets; prepares reports and at the request of the P.I.s for the GYN-COE.
- Responsible for the direction and execution of clinical research programs, ensuring that all necessary steps are followed for safety and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and carries out new research protocols as directed by the PI, GYN-COE.
- Write, implement, monitor, and oversee research protocols as they apply to all GYN-COE banking activities.
- Responsible for maintaining full compliance of the GYN-COE Pathology Laboratory and Bio-repository with all applicable requirements of the CAP, DoD, WRNMMC, JCAHO, and other appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Maintains positive relationships with allied pathology units to include partnered institutions in the GYN-COE consortium and the Murtha Cancer Institute and the Inova Schar Cancer Institute.
- Writes and implements SOPs and policies surrounding all tissue bank activities.
- Performs Tele-pathology, tissue microarrays, LCM, and othertechnology-based applications/procedures.
- Performs review of GYN-COE specimens at the GYN-COE lab in Annandale, Virginia in support of GYN-COE Research efforts, using Tele-pathology and on-site presence.
- Participates in planning of studies, selection of participants for inclusion, and data interpretation following molecular analysis.
- Attends scientific, clinical and administrative meetings of GYN-COE and as otherwise directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Extensive knowledge and expertise in working with gynecology related diseases. Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and supplies; ability to follow detailed instructions; ability to handle multiple tasks
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: M.D degree
Minimum Experience: 4-6 years laboratory experience and performing diagnostic procedures and related experience.