A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
At Nixon Peabody, our priority is to attract, retain and promote talented individuals who have an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious, professional, personal, and other backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; or Washington, DC
- Assist in evaluation, preparation and prosecution of patents and patent applications
- Provide support for patent enforcement, licensing and business transactions
- Perform infringement and validity analysis and general portfolio management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s and advanced degrees in Electrical Engineering; post-doctoral research experience a plus
- Minimum of eight years of patent prosecution experience, preferably working at a law firm
- Registration to practice before the US Patent & Trademark Office
- Strong computer and internet research skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects on competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and demonstrated professionalism.
Job ID: 2029