Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Our client, a large professional services organization is seeking an experienced patent professional to join their team, located in the DC/VA area to work in the capacity of Patent Agent. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing patent filing strategies, conducting interviews with clients to obtain invention disclosures, preparing patent applications under the supervision of a patent attorney. The successful candidate will have passed the patent bar examination or be eligible to sit for the examination.
* Analyze office actions and preparing responses under the supervision of a patent attorney.
* Conducting interviews with Patent Office examiners and other patent prosecution-related activity
* Assist in formulating and preparing infringement and validity opinions and working on patent post-grant proceedings.
* Assist in patent and other litigation, and supporting intellectual property licensing and other transactions.
*Writing scientific and technical documents in clear concise English.
* Managing a docket with multiple clients and deadlines; conducting legal and technical research and analysis using all available resources in support of various patent-related matters.
* Working closely with attorneys, other agents, and staff to research the invention and draft the specifications using technical expertise in the field.
* Following the ethical requirements as set forth by the organization's professional liability insurer
Best Industry Legal Services, Professional Services, Government
Best Department Patent, IP
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Software Engineering, or related fields is required.
1 or more years of experience preparing and prosecuting patents is required.
Excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and have a strong ability to write scientific and technical documents in clear, concise English is required.
Possess both the technical and analytical skills necessary to conduct complex and detailed analysis of patent-related matters.
Ability to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and provide information with courtesy and tact in person, electronically, and by phone is required.
Experience writing software applications are a strong plus.
Bilingual in both English and Chinese or Mandarin is required.
You must be willing to sit for the Patent Bar Exam to secure this position.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.