Less than 5 years experience •
We have partnered with a large law firm in the McLean, VA area to provide them with a Patent Agent.
- Primary responsibilities of the position include developing and implementing patent filing strategies, conducting interviews with clients to obtain invention disclosures, preparing patent applications under the supervision of a patent attorney, analyzing office actions and preparing responses under the supervision of a patent attorney, conducting interviews with Patent Office examiners and other patent prosecution-related activity, assisting in formulating and preparing infringement and validity opinions, working on patent post-grant proceedings, assisting in patent and other litigation, and supporting intellectual property licensing and other transactions.
- Additional duties include writing scientific and technical documents in clear concise English; effectively managing a docket with multiple clients and deadlines; conducting legal and technical research and analysis using all available resources in support of various patent-related matters; working closely with attorneys, other agents, and staff to research the invention and draft the specifications using technical expertise in the field; following the ethical requirements as set forth by the Firm?s professional liability insurer; and performing various other tasks as requested/needed.
- Candidate must have a background in computer science, physics, software engineering, or related fields. 1+ years of experience preparing and prosecuting patents is required.
- Successful candidate will have passed the patent bar examination or be eligible to sit for the examination.
- Successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal communication skills, be highly-motivated, business-minded, a team player, able to learn new technologies quickly, and have a strong ability to write scientific and technical documents in clear, concise English.
- Candidate must be able to effectively manage multiple matters simultaneously with various deadlines, and possess the technical and analytical skills necessary to conduct complex and detailed analysis of patent-related matters.
- Candidate must also possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and provide information with courtesy and tact in person, electronically, and by phone.
- The successful candidate will work in the Northern Virginia office.
- Experience writing software applications
- Speaks Chinese
- Willingness to sit for the Patent Bar Exam.
- 1+ years IP / Patent experience
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn