Patch Management Systems Engineer (Level 4) (JB)
100131: SCCM - Patch Management Systems Engineer (Level 4) (JB)
Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeClearanceTS/SCIJob GroupTechnicalLocationColorado Springs, CO
Fulcrum’s leadership in PivotalPerformance is a very basic but steadfast commitment to customersatisfaction. It is a philosophy that permeates our corporate culture andprovides the backbone for our business processes. Fulcrum brings peopleand technology together to make our customers’ mission successful.
Our Technology services are atthe core of what our company was founded on and a corner stone to our success.Fulcrum provides expert solutions to challenges in the areas of Technology,Research and Development Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis andOperations, Healthcare, and Mission Systems. We are seeking SCCM – Patch ManagementSystems Engineer to support our customer at our government client.
Fulcrum is seeking a candidateto assist in researches, evaluates, and manages SCCM and processes to improveperformance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes andresolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, andmanagers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians,specialists, and/or Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acquiring new approved baseline releases fromthe Enterprise; using automated tools or manual methods to push builds andpatches to remote servers and workstations; adhering to strict configurations,change, and release management
- SCCM Engineer - Works individually, activelyparticipates on integrated teams, and leads SCCM tasks, projects or teams.Manages performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Directs teams through to project completion.Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, andengineers
- Performance tuning and maintenance – Proactiveconducts preemptive intervention to maintain required performance levels
- Provide subject matter expertise to support theengineering and implementation of a SCCM services solutions
- Plans, tests, and upgrades the SCCM tool asnewer versions are released.
- Implements approved changes to improve SCCMperformance, standardization, compliance monitoring, and future designefforts.
- Provide technical leadership for the integrationof requirements, design, and technology
- Develop system architecture and system designdocumentation
- Guide system development and implementationplanning through assessment or preparation of system engineering managementplans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding SystemsEngineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues orconflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of workperformed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area ofresponsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel,government overseers, and senior executives
- Other duties may be assigned, asnecessary.
HS diploma or GED and 12 years of experience in IT, AA or ASdegree and 10 years of experience in IT, BA or BS degree and 8 years ofexperience in IT, MA or MS degree and 6 years of experience in IT, or PhDdegree and 4 years of experience in IT
- 3+ years of experience with acquiring,reviewing, and releasing approved baseline releases, builds, and patches forservers or workstations using automated and manual methods
- Experience with using Microsoft administrationtools
- Experience with using trouble ticketing systems,including Seibel, Remedy, or ServiceNow
- Experience with following service managementconcepts, including change management, configuration management, and releasemanagement
- Experience with using Microsoft SCCM toadminister and manage patches, builds, and releases for servers andworkstations
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, or Solaris
- Possession of excellent written and oralcommunication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member ofa team