Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is looking for a Parts, Material and Process Engineer who can lead teams and be responsible for the parts, material, and process (PM&P) of electrical, electronic, and electromechanical parts used for government and commercial space, high-rel military, and aerospace applications. In this exciting role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Developing, changing, and maintaining the process and documentation by which parts and materials are selected, screened, tested, failure analyzed, reported, and managed for the overall business as well as the tailoring for programs
• Managing the tasks and individuals assigned to support the PM&P for the business and/or program such as: component eng, reliability eng, radiation eng, material eng, design eng, configuration management, and other subject matter experts (SMEs).
• Providing subcontractor oversight compliance in review and approval of PM&P plans/tasks
• Managing parts failure investigation, root cause, resolution, and documentation
• Supporting parts obsolescence assessment and resolution, and part counterfeit mitigation
• Supporting design reviews and parts/material buy-off
• Supporting PM&P costing and scheduling for proposals
Your “can do” attitude and the drive to learn new things will help continue to drive ViaSat’s success.
• 8+ years of experience in parts, material, and process management for space
• Experience with leading teams
• Capable of working on projects of significant/unique scope to complete tasks independently with the ability to exercise independent judgement in coordinating methods and techniques to obtain results
• Broad comprehension of material sciences
• Ability to use advanced concepts and skills to develop company/program objectives and achieve goals in a creative and effective manner
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, material science, or related background or field of study
• U.S. Government Position. U.S. Citizenship Required.
• Up to 10% domestic travel
• Experience working government programs (FAR/DFAR)
• Experience working in an engineering development environment
• Experience with space flight hardware including parts up screening testing
• Experience with RF module, test equipment, and components
• Experience with Oracle and Agile product lifecycle management tools.
• Security clearance is a plus
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
8 plus years
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required