The Parts Business department is a core profitability driver for Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) and its network of dealers. Producing revenue in the hundreds of millions of dollars each year, Parts Business keeps Porsche drivers on the road through the supply of Genuine and Classic Parts to authorized Porsche dealers, independent repair facilities, and collision shops.
**Relocation is available for this position as needed.**
Parts Business seeks a manager that is equally imaginative and analytical to conduct supply chain and inventory analysis, to develop insights from numerous Parts Business data sources, to generate regular reporting that creates transparency into the health of the business, and to advocate business solutions that make Parts Business more efficient. This position, the Parts Analytics and Special Projects Manager, requires an individual with a curious mind that is comfortable working with large data sets, that can leverage advanced data analytics tools, and that is capable of creating new business process and policy.
Roles & responsibilities
- Owner of Parts Business data and reporting, to include regular monthly reporting on supply chain, inventory, and financial topics.
- Responsible for leveraging existing datasets to develop insights into the operational performance of the Porsche parts business.
- Through data monitoring, responsible for identifying vulnerabilities in the Porsche supply chain, to include inbound logistics, outbound logistics, and stock levels.
- In collaboration with other AfterSales departments at PCNA and Porsche AG, provide support for budgeting, pricing analysis, competitive benchmarking, backorder optimization, sales objective creation, obsolescence planning, inventory optimization, and scrapping.
- Analyze and compile competitive parts data in collaboration with Porsche field personnel, Porsche dealerships, and independent repair facilities to ensure the optimal market positioning that increases Porsche Genuine Parts penetration.
- Assess the effectiveness of various marketing efforts to assist in the development of annual marketing plans.
- Based on the data insights derived from the Porsche parts business, independently develop policies, processes, and solutions to improve profitability and logistics efficiencies.
- Lead the cross-functional development of AfterSales policies for PCNA and Porsche dealers that document operational requirements, articulate Parts Business guidelines, and communicate best practices.
- Lead special projects that drive Parts Business into more professional, streamlined operations that better serve Porsche dealers and Porsche customers.
- College degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in data analytics and business process development
- Development of data visualization tools, dashboards, and executive summaries
- Supply chain or inventory analysis and optimization, or similar experience
- Strong understanding of enterprise data and IT system integration, as well as proficiency in data reporting tools
- Ability to own projects from inception to completion, to include operational deployment
- An entrepreneurial spirit that creatively solves complex problems and delivers simple, effective solutions
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building consensus from various stakeholders and garnering contributions from all involved parties
- Internally motivated to critically examine legacy systems, processes, and policies that can be modernized to deliver more value to the Porsche organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to draft comprehensive process and policy documents
Percentage of required travel: