If you are a self starter, enjoy cultivating and owning partner relationships and have at least 7-10 years experience in business development/sales and are driven by TED’s mission this role is ideal for you. This position reports directly to the CRO.
The Account Executive’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify new partners and build upon relationships with the key accounts by creating strategic proposals to meet or exceed individual and team annual sales targets
- Leverage previous relationships into the TED partnerships team.
- Work with the Director of Global Partnerships to identify digital and experiential new business opportunities and develop innovative, integrated proposals to secure sponsorship.
- Provide regular sales pipeline updates to the team to accurately capture all sales activity
- Provide regular interface with partners and act as the liaison with TED’s creative services team to ensure accurate execution of partnership deals and account activity while delivering flawless partner experiences and obtaining the highest level of partner satisfaction
- Attend industry events and develop relationships with clients and media agencies
- Track business expenses in accordance with budgetary requirements
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must have 7-10 years of experience in sales/ business development with an individual budget goal
- Experience and strong knowledge of digital media, video, mobile, display, social and audio platforms in the context of ad sales
- Past experience working with media agencies and strong agency relationships
- Well regarded in the marketplace with a network of contacts among relevant potential partners
- Bachelor's Degree in business or communications related field preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Excel and Keynote
- Excitement in setting and achieving ambitious revenue goals
- Comfort in developing and selling creative, abstract ideas to senior corporate executives
- A desire to build and nurture healthy internal and external relationships
- A highly organized, confident self-starter with professional demeanor and strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- A love and respect of data and analytics, reporting and insights
- An ability to independently research and prospect using a variety of techniques including online research and face-to-face networking
- Excellent capacity to learn quickly, think on the fly and self teach as required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of core marketing principles
- Proactive and goal oriented with strong willingness to learn and constantly improve.