Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Partnership Tax Senior Manager
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct, and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex income tax returns including Corporate, S-Corp., partnership and individual clients.
- Interact closely with assigned tax clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients while managing the client assignments to budget.
- Evaluate the tax aspects of partnership agreements and manage the clients Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 704b accounts.
- Have a proficient working understanding of Sub-chapter K-Partnership taxation.
- Direct and monitor the state tax compliance and composite filing activities.
- Work closely with tax partners and other tax staff on client management, practice development and business development activities.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage their expectations, ensure client satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, collaborate and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvements, and serve as a business adviser to client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA or JD/active law license required.
- 5-7 years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in Corporate, S-Corp, and/or Partnership returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.