We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney is the world leader in military engine technology. Our Collaboration Administration is seeking an experienced engineer to join the Commercial Engines partnership program management team. This position will provide the candidate an opportunity to work alongside a group of professional engineers and finance personnel to lead and support activities in support of partnershipcontract administration. This position will allow the candidate to interface with a number of internal organizations including Partner Program Office, Engineering, Product Cost, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Finance and international partners that participate in P&W commercial engine programs. In this position, the Partnership Program Cost Engineer will gain integral knowledge of existing engine programs and contracts, participate in partnership discussions and negotiations, be involved in establishment, analysis and maintenance of engine Part Values (PV’s), and supportcontract administration of several programs at various stages of an engines program’s life cycle.
The Partnership Program Cost Engineer will be responsible for a number of key activities including but not limited to:
- Lead the establishment, maintenance and reporting of PV’s for PW2000, PW4000, PW6000, V2500 and GP7000 programs. This includes analyzing manufacturing and engineering bills of materials for engines, modules and parts, comparing similar parts across other engines, interfacing with the manufacturing engineering, the integrated program teams and manufacturing organizations and providing recommendations on changes in PV’s including documenting supporting justifications and recommendations internal and engine partner teams.
- A key element in establishing the appropriate PV’s is the ability to use your design, manufacturing and shop floor knowledge and judgment in reviewing PV assessments and their associated manufacturing processes and to review, scrutinize and validate partner PV change assumptions and the impact to their PV’s and the total engines bill of material value. Listen, evaluate and discuss PV’s and their reasonability with engine program partners.
- Participate in the engine PV committees on behalf of Pratt & Whitney and Pratt & Whitney Aero Engines International.
- Support Partner inquiries and work alongside the Partnership Program Office in administrating current partnership agreements Prepare reports showing and explaining the key change drivers for engineering change impacts to the contractual engines PV’s.
- This involves interfacing with the Product Cost and Manufacturing Engineering teams.
- Support the establishment and administration of PV’s for the geared turbofan programs
- Be an active member of the PV systems development and integration team Lead compliance activities for new part PV’s across the systems and organizations involved in their valuation assessments
- Maintain and enhance our internal processes through use of the ACE operating system and personal competencies.
- Master's Degree or PHD in Engineering
- 7 years of experience in a combination of component design, manufacturing support and costing within an Aerospace Manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing practices, jet engine assembly/disassembly and maintenance procedures
- LEAN Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is strongly preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experiencepreferred