At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
* Summary *
The Partnership Manager is a mid-level leadership role within the organization and directly supports the efforts of the Partnership Director (PD) as they manage the performance of a business unit. The overall responsibility for the Partnership Manager is to provide the tactical execution in support of the management and leadership of a portfolio of accounts comprised of prestigious, private and/or public academic institutions. This portfolio of accounts is supported by a business unit responsible for the marketing, recruitment and retention services for our academic institution partners. The Partnership Manager will be fully accountable for the executing the direction established by the Partnership Director in support of the success of this business unit.This is accomplished by executing a detailed and rigorous account plan, building relationships with key stakeholders within the Partner Institution and launching new programs successfully.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational and Project Management
- Assist the Partnership Director by coordinating the day-to-day activities of the marketing, student recruitment, student support, and instructional design teams for the specified client portfolio through each function's direct management
- Participate in and often chair the internal and external cross-functional team meetings and be responsible for tracking follow-up action items that arise from those meetings
- Work with Associate Directors of Marketing, Recruitment Services and Student Support Services (and their leadership as warranted) to optimize performance metrics for each program
- Stay in frequent communication with functional teams to identify challenges and successes the teams are experiencing
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth for each program.
- Monitor AP processes and facilitate improvements to enhance program performance
- Help PD identify and solve AP issues involving application, transcript review, registrar, financial aid, reconciliation, invoicing and cash collection as applicable
- Maintain internal reporting resources such as the AP Scorecard, Marketing Scorecard, Program Prospectus, AP Contact Info, SWOT Analysis Summary, Relationship Org Charts, and others as delegated by PD
- Assist PD in the preparation of Steering Committee Reports and applicable ad-hoc analysis and travels to the AP if requested by PD
- Assist functional associate directors in submitting reforecast recommendations to the PD
- Assist PD in budget preparation activities
- Manage projects as assigned by the PD
- In the absence of the PD, may be asked to provide interim management of the business unit
Academic Partner Relationships
- Support the PD in helping to building strong favorable partner relationships
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution OR appropriate combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 7 years' of professional experience, 5 of which ideally is in a service oriented consulting or Account Management role serving Higher Education or as an Associate Director within a Pearson business unit
- Significant online learning and/or strong consulting experience across a variety of industries.
- Able to make decisions with a proven track record of successful decision making.
- Excellent relationship building, negotiation, communication (written and oral).
- Presentation, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead and work against resistance to accomplish goals.
- Highly proficient with office automation tools (MS Office) as well as internet and various databases both internal and external.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- The Partnership Manager has no direct reports or indirect management accountabilities.
- Employee focused culture
- Health benefits start immediately
- Tuition assistance
- Pet Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid volunteer days
- Personal, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Growth Opportunities