$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Do you like helping customers implement innovative computing solutions and solving technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Are you ready to bring your unique combination of technical skills and business acumen to help customers successfully leverage AWS and VMware technologies to transform their business?
VMware Cloud on AWS is an integrated cloud offering jointly developed by AWS and VMware delivering a highly scalable, secure and innovative service that allows organizations to seamlessly migrate and extend their on-premises VMware vSphere-based environments to the AWS Cloud running on next-generation Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) bare metal infrastructure. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to run VMware's Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack and leverage VMware's virtualization and management software to seamlessly deploy and manage VMware workloads across their on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS environments.
As a Partner Solutions Architect specializing in VMware Cloud on AWS, you'll work directly with customers looking to leverage VMware Cloud on AWS as a part of their cloud journey. Partner Solutions Architects partner with customers from a business and technical perspective. This ranges from executive-level discussion on overall cloud strategy to deep technical engagements with customer development, infrastructure and architecture teams. The ideal candidate must have a deep technical skills and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX, or vSAN as well as a strong understanding software architecture and cloud computing.
As a trusted customer advocate, you'll need to understand best practices around advanced AWS and VMware solutions. You will build and architect solutions for a broad range of customer use cases such as hybrid architectures, migration and application modernization initiatives. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical and you should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Candidates must have great written and verbal communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to earn the trust AWS customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer. We're looking for builders to help us innovate the future of cloud computing.
This position can be based in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area, Austin, Denver, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Seattle or New York.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 3+ years in customer-facing roles
• 5+ years hands-on, technical experience working with VMware and/or AWS technologies
• Experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a track record of success.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience building relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to executive
• An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or equivalent experience
• Expert level experience with data center networks and network topologies
• Expert software architecture skills and experience building complex software systems
• DevOps experience with AWS and/or VMware technologies
• AWS Solutions Architecture Certification (Associate or Professional)
• VMware professional level certification (VCP, VCIX, VCDX)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Valid Through: 2019-9-16