The Job Description:
• Proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by providing subject matter expertise and by using higher complexity product and services lines to create solutions.
• Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed.
• Attains volume objectives.
• Refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
• Usually assigned an overlay or shared quota.
• Deployed against qualified opportunities.
• Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
• Understands and communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution.
• Recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
Overview of Daily Tasks:
• On site customer visits
• Daily communication with inside and outside team members
• Email Management and correspondence
• Sells multiple LOBs and/or high-end services (e.g. after point of sale, warranty tags, break fix, managed/professional services.)
• Sells to a small number of medium to large accounts, or owns small to large size accounts in a specified territory
• Will typically deal with more than one decision maker unless dealing with multiple small/medium business owners across a broader account set.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Uses thought leadership to build customer relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services
• Coaches others in closing complex deals and assists others in keeping up-to-date on Dell’s technology, products, and services.
• Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industires as well as an acute business understanding
• Organizes internal/external resources in response to customer needs.
• Articulates how the Dell business model relates to selling Dell products and services.
• Key point of contact for customer but may escalate customer issues/concerns as appropriate.
• Works with minimal direction.
• Work is guided by sales objectives
• Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
• Provide guidance, direction and subject matter expertise to lower level representatives.
Experience and Skills Required
• Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience
• 6-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Knowledge of technical products, vendors, and families of technologies.
• Oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership