The Personal Systems Software Engineering is seeking a strong collaborator with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to assist in managing the organization’s budget and operations. This opportunity is a perfect match for professionals who possess high attention to detail, strong communication skills, and are comfortable working with numbers. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Align Software R&D spend to budget (flash) and prevent over/under spend.
- Review SOWs and POs with owners for completeness, accuracy, and timely approvals.
- Coordinate appropriate accrual and cross charge journal entries.
- Coordinate regular meetings with managers to advise and maintain alignment to budget.
- Escalate PO, invoice, accrual, and cross charge issues.
- Reconcile monthly invoices with financialreports.
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly resource allocationreporting.
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly spend to budgetreporting.
- Assist Chief of Staff with special projects and strategic initiatives.
Appliesdeveloped subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Manages complex data and business analyses to develop business plans and make recommendations.
- Works independently to construct complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance.
- Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, compares actual data to forecasted values, and develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Manages complex, time- sensitive market research projects and synthesizes data and information to identify relevant trends and next steps.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Works closely with business leaders to develop business plans based on historical and forecasted data and reports.
- Develops go-forward business plan recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 4-6 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First level university degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage complex data requests.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Developed relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify and summarize relevant trends from market and industry data.
Job ID 3020025