Role Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic Sales Engineering team. As an advocate for the Channel, you are responsible for keeping the account teams aware of key partners that can accelerate Splunk opportunities, aligning partners with opportunities, and ensuring partner aptitude meets the needs of available opportunities. You will evangelize our solutions to your customers and partners, working closely with key accounts to ensure their teams are properly trained, positioned, and empowered. Channel Sales Engineers actively drive partner-led opportunities and lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with sales teams as a key technical advisor, mentor, and advocate for Splunk solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and deliver passionate and motivating presentations, both business-focused and technical.
- Demonstrate our solutions to partners and customers, both on-site and remotely.
- Present our solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
- Work with partners to deliver and lead Proof of Value engagements to a successful outcome.
- Answer complex business and technical questions, addressing customer and partner concerns.
- Work closely with pre-sales teams to continually improve operating rhythm and pre-sales processes.
- Conduct training, enablement, and partner certification sessions.
- Advocate for our channel partners to ensure they have a voice within the community.
- Overcome sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Communicate and deliver product messaging at all levels, from an SE-level deep dive to a C-level elevator pitch.
- Willing to travel 50%.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain experience in at least one of the following areas: Big Data, Application Performance Management, Security & Compliance, Business Intelligence & Web Analytics, Operational Intelligence, ITOA, App/Dev Lifecycle, and Internet of Things.
- A knowledgeable understanding of financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, or retail markets, and the business challenges, drivers, technology, and market challenges of these types of organizations.
- Previous experience working in or with Value Added Resellers or System Integrators.
- Understanding of primary sales drivers for Channel partners. i.e. Margin/MDF.
- Ability to participate in account/business planning sessions to identify new and follow-up solution, services, and education opportunities.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value.
- 5+ years experience in selling Enterprise software solutions or services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience