As a Partner Product Manager, you will be part of a high performing team at Sonos that will have a large impact on our customer base. Being a great communicator with a strong technical background will be vital as you work with internal and external teams.
The most important part of your role is going to be working with our strategic partners to help them deliver the Ultimate Home Music Experience on top of our APIs. You will provide support to our partners and work with our internal teams to evolve our platform by generalizing partner requests into more widely applicable platform features. Having an interest in open source projects and a desire to work within technical communities will be very beneficial. You will look for trends and assess the requirements necessary to fix and alleviate them from reoccurring.
As an advocate for partners and developers, you will listen to their needs and work closely with the software teams at Sonos to influence the evolution of the Sonos platform through prioritized partner requirements and your strong negotiation skills.
You will also assist in supporting our developer ecosystem through online channels such as Blogs, StackOverflow, GitHub, and represent Sonos at relevant conferences and hack events.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
The most important part of your role is going to be working directly with our strategic partners to help deliver the Ultimate In-Home Music Experience. You will do this by:
- Working hands-on with key strategic partners to understand what they are trying to accomplish and providing solutions and technical developer support.
- Identifying experience gaps between partner capabilities and our platform and working with internal Product Managers and Developer Leads to evolve our platform.
- Working with internal and external UX resources to guide the partner and any internal development work towards the best possible experience.
- Working with internal teams to build deep partner integrations.
- Educating our strategic partners and the community about new features in our APIs through presentations, blog posts and webinars.
- Assisting the developer community by answering questions on StackOverflow and through other community tools.
- Answering questions and troubleshooting development issues.
Skills You’ll Need
This role requires strong technical, interpersonal, partnering, and presentation skills. As a successful candidate, you are passionate about music and technology, you can confidently talk about code with developers, and you can explain complex technology in simple terms.
- 5+ years of recent experience as a partner product manager, or developer advocate.
- Strong technical background with a proven ability to rapidly learn new technologies and APIs.
- Ability to work closely with strategic partners through technical integrations.
- Strong public speaking skills and experience presenting to technical audiences.
- Proven writing skills demonstrated via technical and inspirational blog posts or similar public written contributions.
- Decisive and action oriented, you learn quickly, work independently, and take ownership of open issues.
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with mobile development platforms (Android / iOS / Windows), UX and business model of various music services, Web Protocols such as REST, SOAP and Websockets are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related.