Partner/Principal Consultant ( Mid / Senior - Director Level )
As a senior leader, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on site investigation and remediation related projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with ERM's global Contaminated Site Management technical team to share best practices across the industry. This is a technical director or partner-track opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver financial results to grow opportunities across ERM’s Contaminated Site Management (CSM) service lines [e.g., Brownfields redevelopment, site investigation and remediation, risk assessment, environmental construction management, site closure and decommissioning].
- Serve as a key member of the "core" leadership team to drive double-digit profitable growth of ERM’s CSM service area in the Pacific West.
- As a senior “seller/doer,” contribute to expanding ERM’s CSM services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the regional CSM market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Direct and develop complex site investigation, remediation, and construction projects with multi-person project teams. Oversee multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Provide leadership in managing staff performance, recruiting and retention, and mentoring personnel for overall success of technical team.
- Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute site investigation and remediation projects, including participating on teams comprised of CSM professionals from multiple offices around the global organization.
- Develop a working understanding of ERM’s other consulting service areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- BS in engineering, geology, science, or related discipline; professional registration preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant site investigation/remediationexperience, including environmental consulting experience.
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the Pacific West.
- Consistent "seller/doer" track record, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the local regulatory climate, with proven negotiation skills with state and local regulators.
- Recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.