- The Partner Operations Manager is assigned to one or more of Ingram Micro North America’s operating business units and serves as the subject matter expert relative to back office and shared service functions within the company.
- This may include, but is not limited to operations, logistics, information systems, electronic commerce, Shared Services Center (Manila) and Partner Shared Services.
- Focus on Business Process Improvement (BPI) with the primary objective of reducing costs and increasing efficiency to assigned areas. Contribute to developing recommendations for process design changes for improvement in internal control systems.
- Identify basic to moderately complex opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.
- Establish metrics to measure the impact of basic process improvements.
- The POM will drive the portfolio of operational and business transformation projects, initiatives and strategic imperatives necessary to support the business and its ability to execute by implementing plans, analysis and roadmaps in support of business objectives.
- In additional to collaborating with and coordinating cross-functional resources in support of business unit priorities, the POM will be expected to act as an implementer as well as facilitator. This resource will have direct and indirect interaction with vendors, customers, internal associates and executive management.
- This position will report into the Partner Shared Services organization, and be generally aligned directly to one operating unit at a senior management level and will be responsible for the prioritization, analysis, and leadership of business priorities which require cross-functional support from other support/shared services organizations across North America.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent.
- Minimum three years’ experience in program management of medium to large sized, complex, and enterprise accounts with matrix supervisory responsibilities strongly recommended.
- Strong account management or sales and presentation skills are essential.
- Experience in financial controls, costing, process design and re-engineering, medium to large project management.
- Line management in an operating environment a plus. Experience and demonstrated previous use of Six Sigma and DMAIC (or similar), LEAN and/or Kaizen principles and methodologies preferred.
- Superior communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience leading large cross-function teams and driving consensus among colleagues
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence, and drive to results in a highly-matrixed environment is essential.
- Ability to motivate colleagues to peak performance and establish credibility with key decision makers.
- Ability to think abstractly and take calculated risks to improve business performance.
- Mastery skill level of Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio tools.
- Must be skilled in high-level statistical and financial analysis disciplines.
- May require long hours (overtime) for stretches of time.
- Some travel, domestic and international will be required.
Job ID: 16671