Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
From the beginning, Google has focused on providing the best user experiences possible. Whether we’re designing a new Internet browser, a tweak to the look of our homepage or the introduction of a retail installation, we take great care to ensure that our efforts will ultimately serve our users and customers well.
For the Retail Marketing team, our very simple goal is to bring the best of Google innovation - from products and services to partnerships and brand experiences - to even more people around the world. As a Partner Marketing Manager, you will work internally with teams across the Google organization, as well as in close collaboration with outside retailers, operators, manufacturers and many others, to bring our shared vision to life.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Manage Google’s Retail Marketing strategy successfully with retail partners. Build relationships that transition to effective merchandising and communications solutions in highly complex and competitive environments.
- Work closely with the Sales and Retail Operations team to create strategic plans and initiatives, negotiate appropriate space and positioning, ensure store briefs are accurate, and align on holistic marketing strategies. Liaise with partners at management level, follow up and manage initiatives with a focus on timeliness and efficiency.
- Manage the creative development process by authoring briefs, creating and tracking timelines, developing thoughtful budgets tied to metrics, protecting brand voice and images, and gaining approvals from retail partners. Drive 3PR brief inputs for all new partner programs, campaigns and product launches.
- Ensure partner media and retail store marketing and merchandising opportunities are understood and executed against the highest standards to support new product and program introductions. Support promotional campaign executions by working with agencies and internal design teams on creative asset development and approvals.
- Execute all marketing programs and initiatives including Google Branded, Category, and Product driven executions effectively. Ensure that all deployments meet the required standards and expectations outlined in the planning documents.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in partner management, sales or business development in retail industry.
- Experience with design requirements, branding guidelines and visual merchandising, including all functions of the design process that lead to a successful execution.
- Experience in consumer electronics and working with a major retailer.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Self-starter, highly organized with strong project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated thought-leadership, relationship building and management skills, with internal stakeholders and external partners.