About the team: The Confluent partner marketing team is the growth engine building awareness and generating demand with Confluent partners for the leading streaming platform based on Apache Kafka. Our ability to think outside-the-box and bring together diverse skill sets allows us to define new roads to build an enterprise business unmatched in the industry. We tackle massive challenges and have fun as a team solving them.
About the role: Confluent is looking for a Partner Marketing Manager with content creation, programmatic demand generation skills with experience in working with cloud partners.
As a Partner Marketing Manager for Cloud partners, you will work closely with Confluent’s cloud platform partners (Google, AWS, Microsoft) and selected ISVs in order to create go-to-market strategies, co-marketing and demand generation activities and educational and demand generation content. Our primary objective will be to drive awareness and build pipeline for our joint solutions.
- Lead and influence development of partner marketing strategies with your partners to ensure co-marketing objectives align with Confluent’s business goals.
- Understand partners business objectives, go-to-market approach, and channel and use this insight to build and execute joint partner marketing strategy focused on demand and lead generation and opportunity pipeline.
- Help craft joint positioning and messaging for the partnership and the joint products.
- Drive content creation (either through your own work or through key stakeholders) including blog posts, presentation and webinar material, better together case studies, and other marketing assets.
- Partner with sales enablement team to develop training and messaging for partner value proposition and solutions.
- Understand and leverage cloud partners portals and programs.
- Evaluate the marketing performance of partners and recommend improvements. Report progress against campaign goals and report on ROI.
What We're Looking For:
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5+ years related experience in product marketing, partner marketing, business development, and/or technical/solution marketing while leading cross-functional efforts.
- Proven track record of driving customer value and expanding brand presence through cloud partners.
- Experience with tracking key performance metrics for partner marketing with outstanding results.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills with ability to present complex technical ideas in a simple, straightforward manner.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and creative with strong project management.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a cross functional team and also work independently.
- Experience working and building partner marketing campaigns and content cloud partners.
Additional desirable skills:
- Worked on marketing systems (PRM & CRM), partner portals and metric tools.
- Experience working with external marketing agencies and building marketing programs with a large group of partners.
- Worked in a startup, bonus points if it’s within the data and analytics space.