SparkPost is looking for a strong, experienced Partner Market Manager to drive channel revenue, partner satisfaction and partner success. This position can be based in San Francisco, DC/Baltimore area or possibly remote.
SparkPost is likely to drive partner relationships in three forms:
- OEM / white label relationships where the SaaS companies are direct SparkPost customers that commit to volume sending with us. These will likely be next-gen MarTech companies who send email as a feature and on behalf of their customers.
- Resellers: Sometimes the MarTech partner will be unwilling to commit a volume deal with us but wants to sell our service as part of their deal. Each deal they do will be different level of volume with us and likely a different price point.
- Referrals: Other partners won't have (or want) any direct email sending capability, but email will be an important tangential capability. These partners will want to go to market with SparkPost as a preferred email platform.
The Partner Marketing Manager will drive a set of activities in support of all three relationships described above. Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Joint webinars: Plan, orchestrate, and work with sales and marketing to drive attendance webinars. To include partner speakers, end user speakers and SparkPost speakers.
- Field marketing events: Plan and execute joint field events with select partners including joint client dinners, breakfasts, happy hours, sporting events etc.
- Industry Conferences: Identify the high value conferences for attendance and speaking slots. Focus should be on SaaS customers as well as B2C conferences our partners are likely to attend (eTail, ShopTalk, etc.). Attend the conferences, drives new meetings and leads, evangelize SparkPost.
- Partner sales training: Develop and execute sales training for our partner sales teams. Communicate differentiation and why SparkPost is the best for the end customer and the best for the partner sellers.
- Partner Collateral: Build joint partner value decks; why SparkPost; market-techture slides; collateral; and joint blogs
- Partner Pipeline: Track joint partner opportunities and referrals; Build value prop for our sales team to engage partners. Referral process set up and tracking.
- Define and communicate field team rules of engagement.
- SparkPost Sales Training: Organize and execute sales training by our partners to our sales team. Create a matrix of partners and key capabilities, target customers, etc.
- Partner Conference coordination and planning. Who will attend; Who will speak; Goals for attendance.
- Drive partner sponsorship for SparkPost users conference.
- Attend partner Quarterly Business reviews. Set field marketing goals with each for next 4 quarters.
Key Experience/Skill Sets:
- SaaS software business development or partner marketing experience a must with demonstrated ability to create plans, build content, and drive training and pipeline development.
- Experience within the MarTech and/or ESP market preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills including pitch decks, blogs, and joint selling materials.
- Strong business sense, facilitation, communication, and negotiation skills ideally to C-Level
- Ability to travel as required
- 3 – 4 Years Business Development experience within the SaaS industry
- College degree from a top university.