What you’ll be doing...
The primary purpose of the Global Outsourcing Pursuit lead is to engage in long to medium range client opportunity identification and development activity in alignment with the large outsourcing target market. You will be responsible for the cultivation, development and qualification of large scale client transformation opportunities across a named Global Systems Integrator. Define and agree with the GSI Practice area leaders and vertical stakeholders, a compelling new thought-leadership based relationship, based on mutually beneficial business plans and mutual commitments to support the global strategic outsourcing market. This strategic leadership role will see you collaborating with GSI Partners, third party organizations and a broad range of internal Verizon stakeholders in order to co-create the large and transformational opportunities that are vital to our future growth strategy.
- Identify, develop, and partner with specific Global Systems Integrators, for early-sales-cycle opportunities development within a global integrated services focus. To proactively identify multi-tower opportunities in short, mid and long term time horizons across GSI Vertical industries
- Guide and develop VBG account and products teams, solutions sales, and support teams, enterprise architects, commercial analysts and marketing teams to achieve target levels of success within the agreed pursuit business strategy
- Transform business and develop new technical use cases into lab-trials and pilot-projects, proving the GTM market models
- Construct and lead complex, transformational multi-tower contracts through and with Systems Integrator partners maximizing Verizon’s revenue and margin position
What we’re looking for...
Critical Success Factors:
- Consultative/solutions thought leadership to CxO levels
- Global solutions development and delivery
- Business Architecture engagements early in cycle
- Out-tasking and outsourcing deal leadership
- Major transformation efforts involving significant organization and technology change
- Customer business case development based on TCO/RoI/ROCE techniques
- Partner and consortia/partnership based commercial relationships
- Complex deal commercial contracting and risk identification/mitigation techniques
You’re the type of person who sees the big picture and looks to make the biggest impact possible. You’re comfortable working and communicating with all types of people, and they listen to you—and you know how to translate the benefits of technology into easy to understand business language. You have an intense drive to succeed, and help others around you to be at their best as well. You know your success depends upon your client’s success.
- Relationship management, both with customers, SI Partners and internally
- Understanding customers’ business requirements, the technology solutions and operational models available to enable clients to transform their business working with Verizon and GSI partners. Understanding the implementation and operational methodology of the solutions within Customer, SI Partner and more importantly, internally
- In depth understanding of business case, TCO/ROI and cost optimization
- 10+ years industry experience in networked IT services / telecoms; including 3+ years at Director level in major publicly traded organizations, having global responsibilities and $20m+ annual revenue/cost responsibilities
- Extensive outsourcing / out-tasking /off shoring expertise; as the lead executive for the end-user, or services supplier, or both, involving multi-country requirements
- Effective involvement with UX, CX, Network, Security, NOC/SOC global engagement models with Wireless and IoT a plus
- Personally led and closed minimum 1 complex network integration deal with TCV of $50m+, involving at least two or more of: people /asset transfer, contract novations, partner services, and multi-country requirements; and/or led, implemented and operationally managed similar transactions as the end-user
- First degree qualified, and/or relevant chartered institute member, and /or industry recognized accreditations
- Line / matrix management experience of significant (30+) multi-function teams
- Experienced and credible in successfully working with, and presenting up to executive board level in major publicly traded organizations
- Lead/second chair business case development and subsequent commercial contracting/negotiating expertise gained in the above environments
- Excellent Communication skills
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.