As a Partner Manager for Webscale you will be responsible for identifying both referral and reseller partners, negotiating agreements, and managing on-boarding/sales enablement. The successful candidate will have 7 years of partner management experience, preferably in the digital transformation / e-commerce space and have a working knowledge of the relevant partner eco-systems (Rackspace, Nexcess, DXC, Cloud Managed Service Companies).
Key partner targets include managed hosting companies or web developers that understand the e-commerce and digital transformation market and are in a trusted advisor role to recommend Webscale solutions for their customers. These partners understand the value that Webscale technology solutions can bring, not only to their DevOps process, but also to their end customer's satisfaction and agility for supporting their web applications in the Cloud.
Responsibilities / What you'll do
- Identify and create new business opportunities with strategic partners focused on technical collaboration, revenue, and strategic market impact.
- Articulate strategic value and build strong relationships with partners to raise awareness and support for Webscale and its services.
- Define and execute strategy and business plans for select market segments, including recruiting and developing partners in support of the strategy and plans.
- Interface with internal groups, such as engineering, sales, and marketing to advocate and help resolve partner issues and drive product features and development.
- Proactively maintain ongoing knowledge of industry, territory, existing and target channel partner accounts, & competitive landscape.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of each strategic VAR's business and what drives their success.
We're looking for someone with
- Ability to enthusiastically evangelize the Webscale message
- Desire to own all parts of a partner lifecycle, starting with profiling/recruitment
- Demonstrates thorough preparation for all partner meetings & activities
- Excellent time management skills
- Mitigate/resolve channel conflict
- Excellent organization skills – attention to detail
- Demonstrated strategic thinking as well as being an independent worker who, takes initiative
Qualifications / What You Will Need
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-plus years of experience as a partner manager, business development manager, or technical account manager
- Ability to speak to both developers/IT operations and sales/management
- Broad industry experience and knowledge in e-commerce/digital commerce
- Knowledge of application servers and frameworks
- Knowledge of hosting, service providers, and cloud technology
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency for closing deals and increasing revenue
- Strong business savvy and negotiation skills