Cisco seeks an experienced thought-leader to drive innovation, improved operations and increased return in Cisco's Partner investment portfolio as a Business Development Manager for the Global Partner Organization Partner Investment Contract Center of Excellence (COE). The COE is a team of individuals who is responsible for reviewing every Partner investment contract delivered by Cisco with its Partners. The COE is also responsible for managing a portion of the investment budget called Partner Acceleration Funds (PAF). The ideal candidate is highly organized, highly analytical and is an excellent thought-leader who can take the COE to the next level. The ideal candidate is great working within a team across global boundaries, handling a large amount of requests in addition to building and planning the COE of the future. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to create a vision and drive it to execution while still allowing for day-to-day engagement on the individual contracts. The best person for this job is very comfortable with compliance and financial analysis but is also looking for a way to demonstrate strategic thinking and execution, business expertise and is looking for a way to stand out.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic thought-leadership and execution:
o To overall Partner Organization contractual investment strategy, including which investment types should exist, optimal structure of investments to optimize return, reduce risk for Cisco and create a win-win for Cisco and the Partner, creating new investment types to fill gaps in business requirements, and eligible activities required to address business needs.
o On evolving and maintaining the tools required to optimize contractual investment planning, execution and tracking, including bookings performance tracking
o To monitor overall MOU portfolio return goals and create ongoing analytics to monitor individual contracts as well as overall portfolio.
- Working globally and cross-functionally to:
- Identify global strategic investment requirements with BE and GTM teams.
- Collaborate with budget owners (GPO and Regions) to understand their investment priorities and how they will address global priorities.
- Continually monitor investment priorities and performance to deliver back to global leaders (BE, ELT, etc) where appropriate.
- Interlock with other COE (global and regional) members including Finance to maintain teamwork and collaboration for consistent results.
- Interlock with other teams who manage investment funds to ensure activities are aligned, compliance is consistent and rules align across the incentives to ensure a simple experience for Partners.
- Deriving insights from analytics to:
- Identify best investment options for various scenarios (e.g. incubation solutions, new markets, partner types, etc).
- Identify ways to optimize portfolio return (ROI) based on available budget.
- Make recommendations for future investments to drive required return (short or long-term).
- Program trends - work load optimization based on contract planning trends, exception request balancing, operational support of Proof-of-Performance validation.
- Managing & evolving PAF:
- Maintain program requirements, rules or policies & recommendations.
- Maintain and evolve Eligible activities across all investment types, noting which investment type can use the activity, and documenting Proof-of-Performance requirements across all investment types.
- Maintain program documentation, including short-term campaigns or initiatives.
- Ensure compliance of contract T&Cs in related tools, including validating changes with Finance & Legal.
- Communicating & documenting policy changes to all stakeholders with clear steps required if needed to address existing contracts.
- Understand contra & opex rules as well as global contra investment strategy.
- Manage all exception requests through the entire process ensuring timely resolution back to the requestors (e.g. ensure finance is getting rev rec sign off, ensure exceptions tracked in global tracker, ensure ongoing updates/communications set to requestors, meet all SLAs).
- Lead project management of all requests into the COE by tracking all the requests, validating and tracking who approved from business, finance and legal as well as managing and being fully accountable for ensuring response, updates and approvals/denials are completing in a timely manner.
- For any audits that are performed, lead all Management Action Plan (MAP) items to completion and tracking ongoing progress for reporting back to audit owners.
- Manage and adapt all aspects of tools supporting MOU investments
- Document and communicate business requirements to Ops, IT or Vendors managing tools
- Investigate opportunities to simplify program execution & management via tools
- Provide thought leadership for evolving tools to enhance compliance and streamline workflow
- BS/BA in related degree (finance, mathematics, business management).
- MBA and/or consultant experience preferred
- Strong financial acumen required including analytical and advanced Excel skills
- Experience managing compliance with legal and finance
- 8-10 years of program management and MOU investment building experience
- Must have experience with contra revenue management
- Must have Cisco partner incentive experience
- Strong presentation & communication skills including executive-level presentation experience including building PowerPoint decks
- Strong experience working with Ops, IT and vendor tools setting business requirements
- Broad understanding of the networking industry and various partner go-to-market models
- Desire to work in fast-paced, changing and global environment
- Desire for large amounts of teamwork and collaboration but still independently motivated